It's all good.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

In good company

Let's try for another weekend recap. This time I'm not so tired, so I should be able to elaborate more on my previous ramblings.

Saturday afternoon saw me visiting Rosey at the Robertson (no relation) Library. She even let me join her behind the desk for an inside peek at the library. What a super fun place to work - personal desks, lockers, and a staff room full of super cool retro chairs and a puzzle. It totally trumps my workplace in terms of coolness. We were also joined by Michelle for a short while, and it was most excellent to see her as well. The "hair-petting" was much appreciated.

That evening, there was a gathering at the Gahan House for a celebratory eating fest. The company included myself, Rosey, Michelle, Catherine, Jackie, Rachel, and Miriam. Everyone was in good spirits and there was plenty of laughter spread throughout the evening. We were a highly entertaining group. The food was also enjoyable (I rediscovered my love of sweet potato fries) and the Pepsi was plentiful.

Next, it was back to Rosey's for a viewing of P&P3. By this point, our group had shrunk to four (me, Rosey, Michelle, and Miriam). It was my third viewing of P&P3, and I'm afraid I spent the entire time sharing every single P&P thought that popped into my head. I have been dying to let them all out, and the ladies present provided the perfect audience for me. I hope I didn't embarrass myself. I do tend to prattle on sometimes. The movie was still watchable the third time, and I believe a good time was had by all. I know I had a good time. Lots of laughing. That's what happens when I have three Pepsi.

This afternoon I went to see Failure to Launch at Empire with Rosey, Catherine, and Jackie. It was a movie with so much potential (I'm trying to positive here), but it missed the mark with me. Very predictable plot and very predictable performances. Even the "secondary" romance could be spotted from a mile away. Throw in a few cringe-worthy moments (Terry Bradshaw and Kathy Bates cuddling and singing on a lay-z-boy, anyone?), and you have a movie worthy of a DVD rental, rather than a theater viewing. Not a total waste of time, but not a movie I'd see again.

After the movie, Catherine, Rosey, and I went downtown to Beanz. I had hot chocolate and chocolate treats. Me likey chocolate. I got the chance to show off some trip pictures (yes, I just happened to be carrying them in my bad). It was a lovely lovely way to cap off a lovely lovely weekend.

And now, I'm back home in my apartment. My batteries are recharged. Bring on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home