It's all good.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The corn is as high as a elephant's eye

I am not a tall person. At 5'3", I consider myself to be a little on the short side. Not super short, but less than average height for sure.

Apparently I have been living a lie.

This week at work I had a health risk assessment, where they measured (among other things) my height. Imagine my shock to find out that I am actually 5'4".

That's five feet, four inches tall.

In my mind there is a great deal of difference between 5'3" and 5'4". Just look at the numbers. 4 looks so much more significant than 3. It's a whole different mentality. 5'4" is actually closer to a decent height. It's almost not short.

The thing is, when did this happen? I have spent as long as I can remember thinking that I was 5'3", because that' s how tall I was the last time I was measured. How did I get taller? Where did that extra inch come from? Why didn't I notice?

Does this mean that soon I will be 5'5"?? What would I do with myself?

1 Comments:

At 8:26 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That happened to me too. For the longest time I was, at 5'6", an inch shorter than my mom. Then all of a sudden one year my doctor measured me and said I was now 5'7". This was cause for celebration on my end though -- once I was as tall as my mother no one in my family could call me a shrimp anymore! At least until I had to sit on two booster seats to get our family pictures taken...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home