It's all good.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Too darn hot

It's 10:00 pm.

Current temperature outside: 23 degrees.

With Humidex: 29 degrees.

Current apartment temperature: hot.

And this is only the beginning of summer.

My windows are at the height of their openness. I can hear my neighbour's air conditioner humming and beeping away. So jealous. I may have to crack down and buy one for the summer, if only to stop myself from complaining. It's such a hassle, though, because I have to get a piece of plexiglass to fit the window, then I have to get someone to remove my window and install the air conditioner and plexiglass. And this is me, the queen of procrastination. I still haven't been able to find anyone to get rid of my ancient mattress and box spring. It's only been about a year and a half since I bought my new mattress.

Tomorrow marks the return of my work visits up the river. I haven't been up there in a few weeks. I'm sure Mrs. Hammond and her five children are doing well. Wait, that takes too much time to say. I need to cut that down a bit. How about: me work up river. Mrs. H. and 5 kids good. See, I can cut stuff, too. Doesn't that sound much better?

1 Comments:

At 1:13 p.m., Blogger Catherine said...

No! Resist the urge, Lynda! On super hot days, use a couple of pedestal fans and keep your windows closed with the curtains drawn. That'll keep cool air circulating and humid air/blazing sunlight out. And hello - you live alone! Nude up, girlie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home