It's all good.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Feelin' mighty mighty proud

Saturday afternoon I donned my best pseudo-scholarly garb and casually crashed a session of this year's L.M. Montgomery conference at UPEI. Rosey and Michelle were presenting, and I wanted to be there to show my support. However, I did not want to pay exorbitant fee to attend the session legitimately, hence the disguise and subterfuge. My partner in crime was Catherine. I'm still having lingering guilt about the sneaking in, but I'm sure I'll get over it eventually.

It was an extremely interesting session, and it made me so proud to see both of them present their findings to the captive, mostly "older and wiser" audience. It was a treat to see so many people with an ongoing fascination with Montgomery's works. Conferences always tend to awaken my "inner student", and it made me imagine what it would be like to be a professor, always traveling or teaching or researching. Doesn't that sound fun?

Anyway, I'm back in Fredericton now, where it's toasty warm in my apartment, just like it is outside. My vacation was enjoyable, yet way too short. I think I could use another week. Good thing there's a long weekend coming up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home