It's all good.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

An arachnoid's life

For the past several weeks, Charles the Spider has been keeping me company. He lives outside one of my living room windows. He spends a lot of time reweaving his web, because of the structural instability that happens when I open and close the window on a daily basis. You see, in an effort to minimize the heat in my apartment, I close the windows and blinds every morning and open them every evening. Each time I do this, I apologize to Charles the Spider for making more work for him.

Apparently, I have angered the spider gods, because when I lifted up the blinds this evening, I saw not only Charles the Spider, but several members of his extended family as well. Now I have no less than twelve spiders industriously spinning webs outside my windows. And I really don't mind peacefully coexisting with them, as long as they keep their business outside my apartment. And I also can't help but notice the multiple tiny tears in my window screens, and wonder how long it will take for the clever Spider Family to cross into my personal space and wreak havoc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home