It's all good.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Friday's alright for fainting

So, I'm sure you've heard stories of people fainting in church on Good Friday during the reading of the Passion. You have to stand still for a long time, it's usually warm in the church, and your blood sugar is probably low because you're fasting between meals. Prime conditions for fainting.

When I was in junior high, a guy in my class fainted in church on Good Friday. He was an altar server at the time, too, so everyone saw it happen. My sister has taken a dive as well, not on Good Friday, but on Palm Sunday. I've seen lots of older people collapse as well. Sometimes, they even have to ask for a doctor in the church to help revive the person.

My mom told me once that if you stand totally still during the reading of the Passion, God will bring a soul from hell into heaven. I think I was around eight at the time. Now, this could be true, but it also could have been the words of a mother desperate to keep her squirmy child still. Ever since that time, I have always tried to stand really really still when the Passion is read, so I could save someone's soul. Who wouldn't want to save a soul?

By the way, if it's not true, I don't want to know.

So there I was, standing in the middle of the church while the Passion was being read. I was trying really hard to save a soul. And then, all of a sudden, my arms got all tingly, and my head got fuzzy, and my ears started to ring. I felt detached from reality. I broke out into a cool, clammy sweat. Even my thumbs were sweating. This is it, I thought. I'm either dying or fainting. So I broke my "no moving" rule and sat down. Then I put my head between my legs. Thankfully, I didn't lose consciousness, but it was pretty close.

Once I felt better, my sister drove me home. I felt best not to stay for the rest of church. After the Passion is read, there's a whole lot of standing and kneeling that would have been tough to handle. I spent the rest of the day not laying low and not exerting myself.

So, since I missed posting yesterday (let's just say it's tough to share computer time with siblings), today's Alias highlight is a two-part episode from the first season. In "The Box", Sydney is about to quit the CIA and SD-6 when McKenas Cole (played by Quentin Tarantino) takes over SD-6. Sloane gets tortured (and Jack breaks off his finger!), Vaughn sneaks into SD-6 to help Syd, and we get to see some great Spy Daddy action. Oh, and Sydney and Cole have a kick-butt action scene in the vault. Nice stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home