It's all good.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Wardrobe crisis resolution

So I know you're all dying to know how I solved my "I need something to wear to a fancy party" problem. You may remember that I packed a somewhat dressy backup outfit of new black dress pants and v-neck top/striped shirt combo in my bag. My intent was to canvas the Eaton Centre for suitable attire.

I was aided in my quest by two audio's from N.B., one who was two years ahead of me at school and one who I just met at the airport on Friday. Together we picked out a lovely navy blue skirt covered with very pretty sequin-type dodads at R.W. and Co.. Then we found a pinky-purple v-necked top with 3/4 length sleeves at Mexx. It was on sale. Then I bought shoes. With heels. And I bought a necklace. I had also brought a purple camisole with me to wear under a top.

So I did go to event after all. There was a fair amount of wobbly walking involved, but I managed, and I did end up looking sort of good.

5 Comments:

At 8:23 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have any pictures of the pretty outfit? I'd love to see what it looked like.

 
At 10:21 a.m., Blogger Catherine said...

"Sort of good," pooh. I'm sure you were stunning!

 
At 4:51 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Regretfully, there is no photographic evidence of my outfit. However, I could be persuaded to wear it again for a suitable occasion.

 
At 7:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynda what I am dying to know is if you went to Lord of The Rings, or any musical at all!!!

 
At 10:18 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Kelly, I didn't see LOTR, or any musical. I had a reception to go to on Friday night, and there was the big party on Saturday. I was going to skip one of them, but they coerced us into attending by having a draw for a trip to Denmark, which I did not win.

I'm glad I didn't see Hair, because it got slammed in the G&M. The reviews for LOTR have been lukewarm, and there is an outside chance I may have another trip to TO coming up, with a definite possibility to see it at that time. I have also heard they may be making changes to the show, so I'm going to give it a while before I try to see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home