It's all good.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

"George is her McDreamy."

Spoiler warning for those of you who didn't watch this week's Grey's Anatomy yet. Run away. Come back after you've seen it.









Seriously. I heart this show so much.

I can't even begin to comment on the wonderfulness of tonight's Grey's. There was something for everyone in this episode. Let's set aside the fact that my George sorta blatantly disregarded patient confidentiality to spread the word about Meredith's sister. Let's also disregard the fact that the "sweater" Meredith was knitting initially started out as a skinny scarf and gradually morphed into a much wider one. And the shots of her knitting at the vet's office were poorly edited. And I know that Izzie was using big needles and thick yarn, but I still don't think she could have made that sweater in one day.

Anyway, back to the good stuff galore. Competitive!Cristina finally got George to move out of the apartment! I really was enjoying the George/Burke "best friends forever" vibe, but I agree that it was time for him to get his own place.

Izzie likes Denny. Let's not even go there. I like him, too, but I'm not his doctor. She is way beyond crossing the line with this. And she made him a sweater? Isn't that the proverbial "kiss of death" for a relationship?

Alex defends his "I tell the truth" bedside manner. Good for him! I'm glad to see him stand up for himself. Plus, I was totally bawling when the mom told the daughter about her cancer. Total lack of sleep here, people. Yeah, that's it. Lack of sleep.

Meredith has a sister? Two sisters? Can her life possible get any more complicated? Okay, I will cut her some slack now. She loses McDreamy, her mom has Alzheimer's, and now she has sisters she never knew about. Perhaps if she actually ate something, she would feel better.

Bailey is a mom. Very emotional, which I guess is to be expected with all the hormones. However, I do love her tough/cranky/blunt/bossy personality, so I hope it reappears soon. She's softening around the edges.

And poor George. How does he ever get any work done at the hospital? He's always running around taking care of everyone. And he does look/act like Thatcher Grey. And how freaking good was the scene where he described Meredith to her dad? Seriously. And I was totally totally warming to Callie Torres, especially after her "I like George a lot" soliloquy, but- she lives in the hospital?!!? Like, in the hospital? Is that not creepy and sad? And borrowed from ER (although I suppose it's only fair, since ER borrowed from Grey's with its Neela/Ray "unrequited love for a roommate" storyline).

And do have to say that I really enjoy the gradual unraveling of the Richard/Ellis/Thatcher backstory. It could be a whole series by itself. So intriguing. I wonder if the writers had that in mind when initially conceiving those characters.

Okay, I think I've covered everything. Now I'm going to watch it again at 11:00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home