It's all good.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Sydney Bristow, super spy, works for the CIA, not the FBI

To pump everyone up for the return of "Alias", I thought I would spend some time listing my favourite episodes from the show. I'll try and post one a day until next Wednesday, when Syd and the gang return to the airwaves. Who decided to put it up against my "Amazing Race"? I am most seriously displeased. This is where the PVR comes in handy. I'm returning it soon, I swear.

Anyway, back to our favourite super spy...

In no particular order...

Season 1: Episode 1 "Truth be Told" In the show's stellar first episode, agent Sydney Bristow's world is turned upside down when she discovers that the people behind SD-6 are actually the bad guys. Her fiance Danny is killed. She finds out her dad, the equally excellent yet parentally-challenged super spy Jack Bristow, also works for SD-6. Red wig! The fight in the parking garage where Syd flicks the car antenna into the bad guy's face!

I actually did not watch the first season of "Alias" when it first aired. I was remaining faithful to "The X-Files" as it slowly limped towards extinction. I remember being skeptical about the show's premise. A girl spy? Double agent? Whatever.

Little did I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home