It's all good.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Death by chocolate

I decided to mark the end of Lent with a notable increase in my chocolate intake.

Saturday was the long-awaited celebration of Rosey's birthday. It was a lovely gathering of friends at Rosey's house. Of course, the festivities would not be complete without Rosey's mom's birthday cake. Three layers of sumptuous chocolate cake with whipped cream in between the layers, topped off with thick chocolate fudge icing. Eating a whole piece is quite a challenge. For me, the secret to success lies in finding a good balance between cake and ice cream consumption. I managed to finish a whole piece. And it was good. Very very good.

On Sunday, the Easter Bunny visited our house, bringing a wide assortment of chocolate treats. Chocolate bars, mini eggs, and Lindt bunnies were all on the breakfast menu. Our aunt and uncle came over for Easter dinner, and we had a delectable baked chocolate pudding for dessert. My mom used to make it all the time when we were little. It has brownie/cake on top with gooey chocolate sauce on the bottom. You eat it with whipped cream or ice cream. Divine.

Today, I got together with Rosey for a walk and talk adventure. We went to Tim's afterwards for some hot chocolate to thaw our bodies out from the frigid cold. I also had a lovely chocolate danish- my first ever danish. I singed my taste buds from my hot chocolate, but the danish was still very yummy.

And now, I'm tucked away back in my apartment, nibbling away at the rest of my treats, well-rested and ready for another two weeks of Ear Festing. Chocolate is good for the soul.

P.S. - more Alias highlights: Season 4's "Tuesday", in which Marshall rescues Sydney from being buried underground. Then he goes on a mission and does a mean Jack Bristow impression to get information from a suspect. Then he scoops out a dead guy's eyeball.

And one more for the road: Season 2's "Phase One", aka "the one where they take down SD-6". Need I say more? For some, this is where the show peaked and started its slow decline. For me, it was pure awesomenicity.

1 Comments:

At 3:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree -- it's all in the ratio. I ate the last piece of cake for lunch before I came to work today, but it was a real struggle because we didn't have very much vanilla ice cream left. Steve's birthday is May 14th, so we'll be having another cake in just a few weeks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home