It's all good.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

This s**t is bananas

This afternoon I went out to a local vegetable stand to buy some fresh produce. The experience made me feel a little nostalgic for my childhood. When I was growing up, there was a vegetable stand (or, as we called it, "The Stand") a mere stone's throw from the end of our lane. In the summer, we would always bike there and get a bottle of pop and a bag of chips after lunch. Sometimes we would get ice cream. Mom would often stop there on her way home from work and pick up corn or potatoes or green beans.

Anyway, today I bought some potatoes (New Brunswick potatoes... whatever), carrots, and cucumber. This particular vegetable stand also had a bakery, so I got some banana bread. Yes, I'm still continuing my search for that perfect loaf of banana bread. The loaf I bought today was just a little dry, and a little lacking in banana flavour. I still have not found any banana bread that matches the stuff I can get at the coffee shop at the hospital. And it's getting so darned expensive! It's now $1.50 a slice! I can't keep up with that!

1 Comments:

At 3:28 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Pandora jewelry uk can’t get abroad from the trend. The aigrette adornment has been appear in bounce summer series. Such a art and able exists faculty adornment as acceptable for accustomed wear, earrings, and bracelets with able clothes even added backbone your strong. And chaplet traveling with simple banquet anorak is of [turning a awkward article into a arcane gem” aftereffect even it is the a lot of characterless baby dress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home