It's all good.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Please have snow, and mistletoe, and presents on the tree...

My Advent tree is looking mighty sparse. Actually, I've been a little negligent in eating the chocolates daily, so tonight I tried to catch up. I'm still a little behind (boxes 21 and 22 are still on the tree), but I feel confident that I should be able to catch up tomorrow.

So I've moved on from the present-buying phase of Christmas, thank goodness. Actually, that's a lie, because I've got one more present to buy, but I can't get it until I get to PEI, so I suppose I should say that I'm done buying presents in Fredericton.

Happily, I'm also done with the present-wrapping phase of Christmas. It only took three and a half hours. I was determined to enjoy this phase, despite the time crunch. I turned the tv on and went at the presents like a woman possessed. I'm quite fussy about my wrapping, because I like things to be pretty. And shiny. I'm really happy with my wrapping paper this year - it's pretty and it's thick enough that the contents underneath the paper don't show through.

My star is dangling precariously atop the tree. Ever since my tree fell down on me, I've been reluctant to touch it, so I think I'll leave it be for now. I think it adds character. Besides, I've still got a huge list of things to do before I can leave for PEI tomorrow, so straightening a star that only I see is not a priority. Sleep, now there's a priority.

I would also like to introduce my new cell phone. I had my old phone since 2003, when I lived in Saint John for three months. It brings back fond (and not so fond) memories of my last weeks as a student (stay in school forever, kids). Anyway, my old phone was super clunky, and I was embarrassed to use it in public. And I lost the charger (seriously). So today I took advantage of the pre-Christmas phone mania and bought a new phone. It's pretty. And I got a green case to go with it. And I might possibly name it Mr. Shorofsky, after one of the teachers in Fame.

Did I mention that I'm coming home tomorrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home