It's all good.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Wish it were Friday...

It's pretty sad when you leave for work in the wee hours of daylight and don't return home until the sun has set. Tonight was my last free evening until Dec 17th. I spent it shopping, tree decorating, moving furniture in preparation for painting, and returning broken items.

You may remember the premature demise of my dear vacuum cleaner. It's been most inconvenient not to be able to remove the tree needles from my carpet. Not to mention the fact that living amidst dust-filled carpet is doing nothing for my allergies.

I thought I was in for a fight, because when I first called the Future Shop, they told me that since I didn't purchase the product service plan, I would have to take the vacuum to a local vacuum store (who knew Fredericton had a vacuum store?) to have it serviced under the warranty. But when I called the vacuum store, they very politely told me that they don't service other stores' vacuums, so I should go back to Future Shop.

So tonight I lugged the vacuum into the Future Shop. I was prepared to be cranky and insistent, but, after some minor wheedling, they agreed to service the vacuum. And it turned out that my vacuum qualified for automatic replacement, so I got a brand new vacuum! This has almost restored my faith in Future Shop's ability to not suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home