It's all good.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

All we like sheep.

My computer froze just as I hit the post button. Grr. This is Take Two.

I've spent most of the weekend immersed in Handel's Messiah. We're currently having our rehearsals at the performance venue with our conductor and the orchestra. Everything is finally coming together.

At first I was miffed because I didn't get a seat in the choir loft. I've spent most of the term trying to establish myself in the back row, but there are so many sopranos and altos that we've been forced to spill over onto the floor behind the orchestra. So now I'm in the front row. The advantage of this is that I can hear the orchestra really well, especially the 2nd oboe, who happens to play the same as the alto part. Plus, I've bonded with some of the other "supplementary" altos, so I think my position is just fine.

Here is a picture from our performance last weekend. See if you can find me. Hint: I don't have grey hair.

Now it's off to practice some more. I'm still a little shaky on some parts, so I want to see if I can improve a bit before tomorrow evening's dress rehearsal.

2 Comments:

At 5:24 p.m., Blogger LuLu said...

Ooh, I like the all black outfits- spiffy!

 
At 11:59 a.m., Blogger Catherine said...

Your hair is always so beautiful, but next to the Blue Hair Brigade, it's super foxy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home