It's all good.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Let us break their bonds asunder.

Singing and working at the same time is hard.

Work was unbelievably busy this week, and it didn't help that I missed Monday due to my unfortunate illness. So many ears, and so little time.

I also did two performances of Handel's Messiah, in Fredericton on Tuesday evening and in Moncton on Thursday evening. I was mostly pleased with how I sang. There was some definite fudging through the more challenging parts, but I managed to start and stop at mostly the right times. And for all of my griping about my place near the orchestra, it turned out to be a great place to sing - I really felt tremendous energy from the conductor and orchestra (especially the oboe!). We were really well-received on Tuesday evening, and I think our performance had a real spark to it. I'm eternally grateful to the lovely alto who saved a spot for me, even though I missed the dress rehearsal on Sunday.

The Moncton performance also went well. The church was lovely. We all fit into the choir loft, so I had to get used to singing so far away from the action. It was hard to hear how well we were singing, but I think we were okay. After we finished "Hallelujah", I heard an audience member utter a soft yet distinct "wow".

You know, it's just really really fun to sing this piece, and I'm so happy I got the chance to do it again. I remember sitting through a couple of performances of it back in my FOH days, and I never really appreciated it. If I didn't have rehearsal on Sunday, I would be sitting in the audience for the Confed Centre choir's performance. And I just discovered the Messiah sing along in Charlottetown on December 28th!! Who's coming with me?

1 Comments:

At 12:14 a.m., Blogger Rosey said...

Sing along?! What fun! Where is it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home