It's all good.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Oh Christmas tree

Today I learned that my Very Big Christmas tree likes to wobble. And tip.

It's my own fault. When I chopped up last year's tree into little pieces for discreet disposal, I accidentally threw out the very necessary green plastic thingy and screw that goes in the bottom of the tree trunk. Apparently this setup is required for optimal tree stability. And I don't have it. Consequently, if you try and hang an ornament on one of the upper branches and just happen to grab onto the tree for balance, the tree will fall. And then you spend the next 20 minutes underneath the tree trying to reposition the screws while simultaneously hold the tree upright with one hand.

I also learned that it's a good idea to eat supper at supper time, and not at 8:00, when you're ravenously hungry. This can lead to crazy things, like eating a whole pizza in one sitting.

3 Comments:

At 9:18 a.m., Blogger LuLu said...

But after all of that- the tree looks amazing!

 
At 11:13 a.m., Blogger Rosey said...

I agree - it's beautiful!

 
At 12:52 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home