It's all good.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

B-a-n-a-n-a-s

Lately I've developed an extreme like of banana bread for breakfast. I had been on a steady diet of chocolate chip chewy granola bars for a while, but then one day I forgot to bring breakfast to work, and I went in search of something to satisfy my stomach. I discovered that the cafe downstairs has absolutely delicious banana bread - moist and not too banana-y. I've become so attached that I have totally forsaken my beloved chocolate chop chewy granola bars.

The problem is, buying a slice of banana bread every day starts to add up. It's $1.15 per slice. Not to mention that I can't get it in Woodstock. I would make it at home, but I have an aversion to the banana itself. I would never buy bananas at the store, or eat them on their own. I can only tolerate them in bread (or muffins). And I really don't think I could stand to mush them up in a bowl. So, if anyone is aware of a source of store-bought banana bread, please let me know.

2 Comments:

At 12:59 p.m., Blogger LuLu said...

Are there any bakeries close by? Or maybe the bakery table at the market? With Thanksgiving and Christmas approaching, there's also going to be a sudden influx of Craft Fairs in town...

 
At 11:25 p.m., Blogger Tara said...

Hey Lynda! Rather than remain an anonymous blog stalker, I figured i would post a comment, as I too share your love for banana bread. Superstore seems to have the best banana loaf and at $2.99, you can't go wrong! See you at the next BO/FOH gathering!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home