It's all good.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

One. More. Sleep!

Stupid piece of crap clothes dryer.

Ah, the joys of living in an apartment building. I went to the 3rd floor to do laundry tonight. I only had two loads to do, which seemed quite reasonable as there are two washers and two dryers in the 3rd floor laundry room. The washing went fine. As I was putting my laundry in the washing machine, I noticed that someone was finishing up two loads in the dryer. Not a problem, because people are usually pretty good about emptying their loads in a decent amount of time.

Not Mr. X, though. I came back twice after my wash was done, and his stuff was still there. So, I emptied one of the dryers for him and put my stuff in.

But the dryer didn't work.

That means it didn't dry my clothes. At all.

So when I came back, my still-wet laundry was sitting in the dryer 2, while someone else's load was happily turning round and round in dryer 1. I had to drag my soggy clothing back up to my apartment. Now it is draped around various pieces of furniture so it can air-dry. It may or may not be dry by morning.

I want my $1.25 back.

P.S. One more sleep! I am both excited and scared at the prospect of visiting another country. It's my fear of the unknown rising to the surface.

3 Comments:

At 8:21 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip Lou! I can't wait to see your pictures. Stay safe and remember Laura's advice about getting married while in another country ;)

 
At 8:22 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heehee, plus I totally just got the Dracula reference...

 
At 1:34 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Thank you Rosey!

I will try my best not to get married while I am away, but if Mr. Darcy sweeps me off my feet, I can't guarantee anything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home