It's all good.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Two more sleeps!!

I called my mom tonight and she said that it's really one more sleep, cause it's already nighttime, so tonight's sleep doesn't count. I don't think my mom understands "sleeps". That's okay, though, cause she understands lots of other things.

On my Tuesday night shopping expedition, I went to Zellers to take a look at the Olympic gear. Some of you may not understand the fervour that takes over me during the Olympics. I live for the Olympics. I want to be there. I want to watch the Olympics 24/7. I want to cheer on every athlete (mostly the Canadians, of course) and hope they all do their personal bests. Go Canada!

Anyway, back to Zellers and the Olympic gear. I'm not terribly impressed with it. Especially the colours. Red and white and blue? and yellow? and green? I know it's designed by HBC, but still - maybe no one told them about the colours on our flag. When I was at the curling trials in December, the winners got to don some official Olympic gear. They put on navy and white jackets and red scarves. They looked American! It was ridiculous! We don't need navy! Not that I have anything against navy (I actually adore navy), but I don't think it's the best choice to represent our country.

Plus, the gear itself was a little, well, cheap-looking yet overpriced. I tried to find something to wear in London (cause that wouldn't scream "tourist", would it?), but there was nothing I really wanted. Well, maybe a red vest, but I already bought one, so that was out of the question.

Meanwhile, I looked up the schedule for Olympic figure skating on the BBC's website. Conveniently, we don't have any activities planned for the evenings of the pairs short and the men's short. Perhaps a little BBC tv watching is in order while we're in London. It's important to experience many aspects of London culture, after all. Television is a very important part of a country's culture, don't you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home