It's all good.

Monday, March 12, 2007

12 of 12 - March 2007

Once again, welcome to 12 of 12 day!



7:45 a.m. Not only did I wake up in the dark, but it was a bad hair day. New hair products plus Lynda equals crunchy yet stringy hair.

4:31 p.m. Not to sound like a broken record, but it was really busy at work today. So busy that I stayed half an hour later than I was supposed to be there. And I didn't get any pictures during the day.

5:28 p.m. I made some Rice Krispies squares to mail to my brother. He's still recovering from his broken leg. Of course, I had to sample some squares to make sure they were good enough to send before I wrapped them all up.


5:40 p.m. Squeezed in a little practice time for choir. We're learning this (apparently) famous song called Chili Con Carne, and it's quite challenging. I can't get my ears around it at all.


7:23 p.m. Went out with Michelle for a post-supper walk. Our first stop was this historical landmark.

7:38 p.m. Don't you think this building is lovely? I would like to live there. Maybe they have better soundproofing between units than my place.

7:43 p.m. We started to hustle back to Michelle's place because it was getting dark. The sidewalks were a little iffy, and she fell on some ice right here. Ow.
7:58 p.m. Then we decided to cut through this sketchy piece of land. You can't really tell, but there's a huge mass of melted snow in the middle of a field heading towards an abandoned train station.
7:59 p.m. We had to abandon our attempt once we discovered that the snow was mushy and up to our ankles. And the water was deep.

8:02 p.m. There was no playground equipment nearby, so Michelle made me get into this shopping cart. She made me do it.

9:21 p.m. Groceries! The checkout line-up was so very long. I was afraid we would miss our tv!

10:31 p.m. Back to my place for some Jack Bauer time and some kettle corn. Mmm.
10:35 p.m. Bonus pic: This is my mostly green plant. It seems to be terribly ill, and I don't know what I did to it. All the new growth is dying. First my "lucky" bamboo dies, and now this. Any suggestions?

9 Comments:

At 1:36 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
Maybe your plant is getting to much sun or needs some fertilizer?!
miss you!
Happy early st. pats day!
~fiona

 
At 6:55 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics.

The plant looks like mine. Try putting some used coffee grounds around it. That seems to work on a lot of them.

 
At 9:22 a.m., Blogger BU said...

Are you in a jazz choir? Even then, that song can be pretty tricky to sync up!

 
At 11:45 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great 12 of 12. I especially liked the shopping cart LOL

 
At 3:03 p.m., Blogger CondoBlogger said...

Great pics! I must be an old man because when I saw the shopping cart pic I didn't think, "How fun!" I thought, "Uh oh, she better be careful or she might get hurt. And where did that cart come from? Thugs stealing carts... THAT's why groceries cost so much..."

 
At 10:02 p.m., Blogger Dogeared said...

I made some Rice Krispies squares to mail to my brother. He's still recovering from his broken leg. Of course, I had to sample some squares to make sure they were good enough to send before I wrapped them all up.

Poor Brother! Hope he's back on his feet soon.

And yup - quality control is VERY important! ;-)

Helen (12 of 12er)

 
At 10:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That plant may be a cousin of mine. I really need to give up on the plant life....

Great pics!

 
At 10:27 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

fiona - I miss you too! We will have to get together next time I'm home! My working hypothesis re: my plant is that it wasn't getting enought light, so I moved it by the window. So at least if it's dying, it gets to see the sunshine.

beth - Coffee grounds, eh? I'll look into it!

bu - Not a jazz choir. We just sing whatever the director throws at us. Usually it's in Swedish.

Joy and condoblogger - The cart was just sitting there. It's quite far from the Zellers store from which it originated, so we're not sure how it got there. And I was a little wary about hopping into the cart, but, as I said, my friend made me do it. She even held the cart steady.

dogeared - Yes, I do pride myself on my QC. The squares were yummy.

claudine - perhaps we should consider genetic counseling for our plants ;)

 
At 10:35 p.m., Blogger Zippy said...

Sun, water and fertilizer pellets for the plant. And music - seriously. I'm horrible with plants but since I've been playing them music, they've done great! Haha!

I want a shopping cart - and it's RED! Awesome!

Michele

 

Post a Comment

<< Home