It's all good.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Well I see by the clock on the wall...

The organization frenzy continues. Today I felt like being somewhat productive as I watched the Brier semi-final, so as teams Stoughton and Howard went head to head, I decided to roll coins. As in, all the loose change I have saved since 2004. Shockingly, it turned into an all day affair, because once you start something like that, it's all or nothing. I just finished my last roll of pennies. I saved the pennies for last, because there were so many of them (forty-one rolls!). Now I figure out a way to get my hefty coin collection to the bank without throwing my back out. Perhaps a wheelbarrow? Or a granny cart?

It was kinda nice to have a low-key day today, since I spent pretty much all Friday shopping in Moncton with Michelle. I made some extremely fine purchases, including my very first ever pair of capris, and a lovely shirt dress. We spent about seven hours shopping, plus about an hour for supper at Jungle Jim's (an experience in sensory overload), plus about three hours' worth of driving. That's a pretty full day, but it was well worth it.

And many thanks to Rosey for reminding me that the clocks go ahead tonight. I'm not too keen about waking up in the dark again, but it sure will be nice to have extra light in the evening. Now that I've written about it, perhaps I will actually remember to change my clocks. Anyone know if they have Daylight Savings Time in any other continents? Emily? Is there DST in Wales?

4 Comments:

At 8:25 a.m., Blogger Emily said...

Hey Lynda. Wales does have Daylight Savings time, but it isn't this weekend, it's March 25. I'm not sure why it's different. I think it's just a European thing (Most of Europe changes it the same day I think). I guess it just depends where you are?

 
At 11:23 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

Ah, March 25. Such a nice, normal time to change things. Lucky you.

 
At 9:33 p.m., Blogger LuLu said...

I know, I know! In Australia they do change too, BUT when it's fall there it's spring here...So, when we spring ahead, they fall back. Now and for the next six months they are an extra two hours ahead of the 13 hours they usually are ahead of the East Coast.

 
At 9:35 p.m., Blogger LuLu said...

Oh, but when I was there, the fall time change was in the middle of the Commonwealth Games. Our state chose to wait an extra week, while the rest of the country (and the computers!) changed. I was very confused about what time my Monday classes started...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home