It's all good.

Monday, January 29, 2007

For you, Laura (and everyone else, too) - here is my stick sculpture:

It's made of a bunch of sticks I bought at Walmart for $10. The sticks are bound together by crochet thread ($3). It took me around two and a half hours to make, which was way shorter than my previous green squares project. I think it's snazzy.

This is what it looks like on the wall. The white half-moons will soon be home to shelves.

The best things that I bought during Saturday's karma-fest were these two leather ottomans from Wicker Emporium. I'm using them as a coffee table. My original vision called for two low square end tables, but we couldn't find any decent ones. The ottomans are way better, because they have storage and can be used for extra seating when I have people over. Eventually, I want to get a 4 by 6 rug to go under them.

I totally rearranged my furniture and bought other stuff too, but those are the main things. More to come when thing look a little better.

2 Comments:

At 7:23 a.m., Blogger Rosey said...

Holy grown-up, magazine-worthy apartment Batman!

 
At 1:06 p.m., Blogger Catherine said...

I admit I was skeptical, but that stick sculpture might be worthy of the Confed Centre Art Gallery's Permanent Collection! I'll try to pull some strings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home