It's all good.

Monday, January 15, 2007

"Dammit!"

So somehow I managed to miss this article in the Arts section on cbc.ca that informed us that Shaun Majumder was playing a terrorist on 24 tonight. So when he showed up onscreen wearing an orange jumpsuit and looking sketchy, I did a double take. This was followed by Michelle and I collapsing into giggles whenever he opened his mouth. I can just imagine the thoughts of all the Canadian 24 fans out there - "He's not a terrorist - he's from Newfoundland!"

I couldn't help but remember when I saw him at the Olympic curling trials in Halifax last year. Apparently some Newfoundlanders sitting behind us knew his mother, and they didn't hesitate to let him know that very important fact. And now he's on the tv! In LA! As a terrorist! Imagine.

In the end, I was sort of glad that his character died, because I don't think I could have watched him all season. The part that I'm not glad about is the fact that his character died in a nuclear explosion. It's quite grim, because usually Jack Bauer and CTU can counteract such disasters, but it was not to be today.

BTW, it's totally a snowstorm outside. Beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home