It's all good.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Happy New Brunswick Day!


( not New Brunswick)


Today is New Brunswick Day. I'm not sure what the real purpose of the holiday is, but I am grateful for it, because it allowed me to squeeze in some extra time in PEI this weekend. When will there be a PEI Day?

On Saturday afternoon I had a lovely adventure with Rosey in Rustico and New Glascow. We discovered the most tremendously scrumptious meat pie at the bakery in North Rustico (right across from the co-op). It was divine. It was like tasting Christmas. It was so good, I went back and bought two more on Sunday.

Saturday evening found me in the theater once again. We were "treated" to an understudy-filled show that evening. After the show I had a most excellent time at Late Night with my Centre peeps.

On Sunday I spent some quality time with my mom. We went for a drive in the afternoon, and then we saw A Prairie Home Companion at City Cinema that evening, followed by a viewing of BB7. I had been eagerly anticipating PHC, as you know. It was an enjoyable movie, but I think I was anticipating a little something more. It's not quite DVD-worthy, or soundtrack-worthy. But it did make me smile, and there was lots of banjo. And we all know how I feel about the banjo.

Tomorrow it's back to working for the Man. However, it's only a 3-day work week for me, because Friday is my Flex Day. Woot for 3-day weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home