It's all good.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Tremendous

Tonight I got together with my friend Vanessa and we watched Anne 2. Yes, that's right, the whole thing in one evening. We are both big Anne fans (betcha you didn't know that about me), and we both had seen Anne 2 multiple times, so it was great to be able to chat and giggle all the way through it. We hooted with laughter every time Diana's goofball husband Fred (played by Kid in the Hall Bruce McCullough) appeared onscreen. We (well, mostly I) mocked Anne's ultra-poofy hair. It was a delightful evening with delightful company.

I couldn't help but recall some of my previous viewings of Anne 2. The first time it was on tv, my mom made me go to bed before the end, so I never knew what happened until I read the books. Actually, the movie doesn't follow the book exactly in the first place, but let's not get started on that tirade. I remember it used to be on PBS all the time during their pledge drives. I can still see myself sitting in the den, studying for high school exams and watching Anne 2 simultaneously. And of course, when the Theatre Shop was still in the lobby at the Centre, they used to play the movie repeatedly all summer long. Ahh, good times.

And I don't really mind that I missed tonight's episode of BB7. That's what PVR's are for.

1 Comments:

At 3:32 a.m., Blogger mel said...

shortly after I moved to Ottawa my first year, they were showing Anne on PBS. Just because of the timing, it's the only time I've watched it in its entirity since I was like, five. Good times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home