It's all good.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

12 of 12 - August 2006

Here we go with another installment of Chad Darnell's "12 of 12". Huzzah for the 12th being on a weekend!!


8:46 a.m. Even though the clock says 8:51, it's actually 8:46. I set it a little fast to get me out of bed in the morning. Sadly, even though it's Saturday, I woke up relatively early.


8:50 a.m. A beautiful morning, even if it is a little early.


8:52 a.m. Mmm... cookies for breakfast.


9:45 a.m. Well, it's a good thing I was already up, because this fella decided to have a lengthy (and loud) conversation with the two chatterboxes on the balcony (not seen). They were talking about ice. Apparently, they only gave him "two f***ing bags of ice at the store". Pity.



10:00 a.m. On Saturday, everyone goes to the market. Everyone. It was way too crowded to browse comfortably. I couldn't even get inside the building in a timely manner, so I left right after I took this photo. No Belgian waffles for me today.


10:15 a.m. This is my favourite sign in Fredericton. It says no left turn towards Tim Hortons (a well-known coffee/donut shop). Cracks me up every time.

12:16 p.m. It was delightfully nippy in my apartment, so I decided to wear my duck slippers to keep my feet warm. Quack.


1:34 p.m. I was went apartment hunting with Michelle and her family. There was Pepsi and chocolate involved, so how could I say no?

sometime in the afternoon... I was so engrossed in the apartment hunt that I forgot to take pictures, so I made this one up. That's me, Michelle, her parents, and her dog. We were roaming the streets, trying to find Michelle a place to live so she doesn't have to sleep on a bench this fall.

7:00 p.m. I finished off the cookies. They were supposed to be for Michelle and her family, but I forgot to give them to them. Oops.

8:00 p.m. Went for a walk by another "waterfall".

9:30 p.m. I figured that since I didn't go home this weekend, I was entitled to a little retail therapy. I finally picked up "Goblet of Fire" on DVD, and I was very pleased to get the Wonderfalls series for only $15.oo. To think I was going to order it from Amazon for $45.00. It's another one of those critically-aclaimed series that was largely ignored by the viewing public. I'll put it beside my Sports Night and Once and Again DVD's.

And now, off to find some way to distract myself from the Neighbour Noise currently seeping through the walls of my apartment.

6 Comments:

At 11:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics! I LOVE the ducky slippers! Too cute!

And I can sympathize with noise. There's a block party going on outside right now. And noise...though I just heard a disturbing sound and the music has stopped... Gonna check on that. I hope the sound wasn't what I think it was...

 
At 3:06 a.m., Blogger Bonnie said...

GREAT made-up pic! Hah!

-Bon. (fellow 12-of-12er)

 
At 6:38 a.m., Blogger Dogeared said...

I like the made up pic [grin].

And I'll offer a quick mental thanks to TPTB for living in a quiet rural village, where all we get is the occasional slightly drunk person walking home from the only pub in the village!

(12 of 12er too)

 
At 2:59 p.m., Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Yep, the ducky slippers are a nice touch! Thanks for sharing your day.

I'm reading a book called "The Codfathers". It's about the Maritime Mafia (Irvings, Sobeys, etc.) and there was a chapter on Ron Joyce, one of the guys who started Tim Hortons. Very interesting.

My 12 of 12 are up :)

 
At 11:22 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me again! Yeah...the "Wicked" tour was awesome...even if we weren't REALLY backstage.

Drowsy is SO adorable. I've seen it... *checks playbills* three times so far. And I'll probably see it a 4th when my parents visit because other than "Wicked" it's probably the most parent-friendly show right now. (Definitely not Avenue Q!!! I love it...they would not be amused.)

 
At 7:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the ducky slippers!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home