It's all good.

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Oo-de-lally

I decided that I had enough Rosey withdrawal, so I hopped in the car and went to Halifax on Friday for a visit. It was indeed a hyper-fantabulous weekend.

First I picked Rosey up at her library. I even got a personally guided tour from my favourite librarian. Her library has old textbooks! It's so cool. Then I got to meet Violet the cat, who is completely adorable, and very fond of string. Liam, Rosey and I went to dinner, and afterwards we strolled through the Public Gardens and saw lots of ducks. We even saw baby ducks! And we had gelato.


On Saturday, we had an old-fashioned ramble. We drove out to the Annapolis Valley to see the apple blossoms. We stopped for a visit at the Grand-Pré National Historic Site, which was hyper cool. They had an incredibly detailed model of an Acadian village. We saw more ducks, and a cat inside a church!


It was raining too much to eat outside, so we had a car picnic. Then we drove through Wolfville and visited Acadia University. We turned off the beaten path and drove up the mountain to The Look-Off. We had an amazing view of the valley. And not only that, but there was ice cream to be eaten. And not only that, but the ice cream place had a popcorn machine that made single servings of popcorn! Best popcorn ever!


As we made our way down the mountain and rambled through Kentville, I couldn't help but notice how closely a lot of the landscape resembled that of our dear Island. It made me a little homesick. But I'm so glad we got to go to the valley!

On Sunday, we had lunch at Cora's with Maria, which was so filling that I have not felt the need to eat for the rest of the day. It was great to see Maria and catch up with her! CCOA reunions rock.

I always love visiting Halifax, and I'm definitely looking forward to my next visit. Back to work for me demain, but it won't be long until my next vacation adventure - this time I'm going home for a little rest and Anne action!

2 Comments:

At 10:32 p.m., Blogger Marshall said...

Very nice pictures :)

http://blogdemarshall.blogspot.com/

Afiliate?

 
At 11:06 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I would say that 95% of the time I accept never even heard of the being they are authoritative the Replica Panerai "in account of." While it is accurate that I am not a big sports enthusiast, I should accept at atomic heard of the humans right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home