It's all good.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Insert churchy quote here.

My dear readers, you may be aware of my fondness for music outside the mainstream. Quite a while ago, I discovered the Gather Gospel Hour (I call it the "Happy Time Gospel Hour") on Friday nights on Vision TV. Whenever I'm not out and about on Friday's, I usually spend some time watching Mr. Gaither and his Homecoming Friends belt out some Southern Gospel tunes. It's super fun!

Saturday I went to Saint John to witness the entertainment spectacular that is the Gaither Homecoming Tour. From my seat in the 13th row, I spent four glorious hours smiling so hard my cheeks hurt. I waved my little Gaither light back and forth at every available opportunity. I sang along (quietly) to all my favourite songs. I laughed delightedly at the carefully scripted banter. It was like being in one of their tv specials. The place was packed with all their fans. I felt a little guilty, because everyone else seemed to be really into the religious aspect of the show, while I was there just for the music. And the choreographed dancing.

Wonderful.

Seriously. It was.

And now, my wonderful four-day weekend is over. I'm really glad I got to slow down in the last few days and take care of some practical things. It's done wonders for my mental health. I'm actually looking forward to work tomorrow! When's the last time that happened?

1 Comments:

At 2:28 a.m., Blogger 123 said...

Among the cheap Louis Vuitton bags from its latest Cruise Collection, the a lot of alluring one belongs to cipher but this clear Louis Vuitton Mini NoƩ Rococo Bag. As we all know, Rococo is a appearance of French art and autogenous architectonics in 18th century, which is characterized by affected and adorned furniture, baby sculptures, accessory mirrors carpeting complementing architecture, reliefs and bank paintings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home