It's all good.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Moncton rocks.

I've been spending most of my evening packing for a conference in Moncton. I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon, and I'll be there until Saturday afternoon, unless there's an opportunity to see/buy a car in PEI this weekend, in which case I will be heading home on Friday evening.

Packing for the next few days is not as simple as one would think. Conference attire is quite tricky. First of all, I need to look good. It's a well-known fact that conferences are sort of like high school - everyone is checking everyone else out to see who the cool people are. It's slightly inadvisable to dress too casually.

However, I don't need to be too dressed up, because I will be sitting and learning for hours at a time. So I'm thinking two pairs of dress pants, one pair of comfy casual pants, and appropriate tops.

Here's where it gets complicated: if I go home for the weekend, I will need jeans, because I'm not spending Saturday and Sunday in work attire. But if I stay for the whole conference, I will be attending a fancy reception on Friday evening, which will require snazzy attire. And what if I want to go for a walk? I'll need my walking clothes and sneakers.

Packing several outfits wouldn't be that much of a problem, except for the fact that I may have to take the bus home, and if so, I don't want to be lugging a giant suitcase around. Plus, I have to leave room for any conference goodies I may receive, as well as any shopping purchases.

Maybe I'll stay home. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home