It's all good.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

12 of 12 - April 2007

What a difference a month makes! Last 12 of 12, I was still feeling the effects of the time change, and I owned a car. This month, I'm just getting back into the swing of things after my concussion, and I am carless.


6:58 a.m. So I spent the last two weeks sleeping in until midmorning, and now this week I have to get up early to drive to Woodstock for work. Ick.



7:24 a.m. My car was totalled in the accident, so I have to rent a vehicle to get to work (it's an hour's drive). Yesterday I was scrambling to get a car, and this was the only one left in Fredericton. It was huge. Huge.

7:49 a.m. The best part about the rental was that it had satellite radio. With a Broadway channel!!! Julie Andrews!! Wicked!! Les Mis! It almost made up for getting up so early.

3:41 p.m. See, the "SUV" I rented was so big, it needed two pictures. Who needs that much car?


3:42 p.m. Work was really busy. Shocking, I know. Let's just say it was a two-Pepsi day.

3:47 p.m. I decided to take the scenic way out of town, which meant driving through the downtown core. Here we see a traffic jam at the downtown's only traffic light.

6:38 p.m. Pepsi's (Pepsis?) three and four at dinner with Michelle and Mike. Although Mike was just hanging at our table for a while, so I don't think he technically was at dinner with us. Anyway, let's just say I ate way too much pizza.


8:10 p.m. So.... Michelle was dog-sitting for someone, so we went over to the girl's apartment to tend to the creature, who turned out to be a a slightly hyper jumping bean. With teeth. Me no likey (that's an understatement). So, instead of hanging out, Michelle had to drive me home.

8:12 p.m. The girl's apartment was on the North Side of Fredericton. The best part about the North Side is that you have a nice view of the South Side of Fredericton.

8:16 p.m. Gratuitous UNB campus shot.
8:18 p.m. One of the perks of Michelle's dog-sitting gig was the use of a car! From Oklahoma!
8:20 p.m. Once I was tucked away into my dog-free apartment, I sought comfort in the form of chocolate bunny bits and Pepsi (#5).
8:45 p.m. Bonus Pic: My random word was green, which was the same as last month's word. This is the latest green edition to my apartment. At least it won't die. The same cannot be said for my plant from last month. It's slowly shriveling. Very sad.

5 Comments:

At 10:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!!! The one think I miss about not having a car is my Sirius radio. I loved me some Broadway channel!!!

 
At 8:19 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad it was only a concussion!

That is a huge vehicle, you're right. Did you feel queen of the road, driving it?

Helen (12 of 12er at work)

 
At 2:51 p.m., Blogger CondoBlogger said...

Cool shots! I can't remember a time I was in a town that had only one traffic signal. Seems very quaint!

 
At 7:36 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool pics!

I didn't know there was a Broadway channel - how much am I loving that?

 
At 11:03 p.m., Blogger Zippy said...

How fun that you had "green" come up as your word! Cool!

That car is a behemoth...a global warming advertisement!

Michele

 

Post a Comment

<< Home