It's all good.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weak watching

I went to see The Watchmen the week it was released in theaters. I didn't know a whole lot about the movie, but I remember that my brother received the graphic novel for Christmas, and he seemed pretty pumped about the movie, so I was looking forward to seeing the movie myself. Personally, I like lots of superhero movies. Superman, Spiderman, Batman - all fun to watch.

To say that I didn't enjoy the movie would be a bit of an understatement.

The movie started out mildly interesting, then it turned to boring, and then after that it descended into laughably bad. So bad, in fact, that my friend and I left before it was over and asked for our money back. The manager gave us some free passes.

We were somewhat comforted by the fact that even though we wasted two hours and thirty minutes of our lives on the worst movie ever, at least the next time we went to the theater, we would get to pick a good movie.

So tonight we went to see One Week. What could go wrong with that? A Canadian movie, with Canadian actors, featuring a life-changing journey across Canada.

Mistake, mistake, mistake.

It's unfortunate that Joshua Jackson only has two facial expressions: a blank stare, and a scrunched-up wince that sometimes produced years. It's also unfortunate that the writing was weak, and that there were way too many shots of him on his motorcycle.

We didn't think we could get away with asking for our money back again. Too bad.

Anyway, consider yourselves warned: stay away from these movies.

1 Comments:

At 2:28 p.m., Blogger Catherine said...

A: You are wrong - JJ is cute as a button with a scrunched-up face. He is my boyfriend.

B: If you saw One Week, you saw my Minden apartment! Remember when JoJack was sitting under a creepy rusting logdriver statue (next to an overturned Canada flag canoe)? That was Minden, and when they had the shots of the bike guys he was talking to, you could see my balcony over the Gull River. Hurrah! You were there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home