It's all good.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This is for Ashley

Jeepers, I'm not very good at keeping up with the blogging.

So where were we? Oh right. February.

February was a challenging month. I struggled a lot with some sadness. I had a few evenings of wallowing in self-pity, most notably after watching the movie He's Just Not That Into You. Boy, did I ever lose it. There were tears and Ben and Jerry's Half-Baked ice cream. It seems like a distant memory now, but at the time I was pretty sure my world was ending.

The month wasn't all bad, of course. I had a fantastic, albeit brief, trip to St. John's, Newfoundland. It was fantastic because I got to see my friend Heather, and we had a blast seeing the sights in the city. It was brief because my flight was canceled due to a snowstorm, and I had less than 24 hours for my trip. I made every second count, though, and I can't wait to go back. See facebook for pictures.

Then there was the Monday we had a blizzard. Forty-eight cm of snow. It started overnight, and when I woke up in the morning, my parking lot wasn't plowed. I had to get to work, because I didn't want to use up my vacation time by taking the day off (hospitals never close. We don't get storm days). So I bundled myself up and walked to work. It was easy going until I had to walk uphill in snow up to my knees. When I reached the top of the hill, I was so tired that I rolled down a snowbank into a parking lot. Seriously. And I lost a pair of mittens on my journey. Was I crazy to walk to work? Probably so, but I've always wanted to walk to work in a snowstorm, and now I have.

The rest of February was spent recovering from the St. John's trip and the snowstorm. I'm getting old. It takes me a long time to get caught up on sleep these days.

I'm also really busy with choirs. I still have Monday and Tuesday choirs, and after Tuesday choir, I meet up with a group of people at a pub. I really enjoy being a regular a pub. I feel like I'm on Cheers! It is tiring to stay out late on a weeknight, but it's totally worth it.

And I have a new friend who I met during the Christmas show, and he likes musicals even more than I do. Yes, that's right. Even more than I do. So we've been watching musicals with our mutual friends on a fairly regular basis.

Oh wait! I almost forgot! I'm going to London! And Scotland! With Rosey and Liam! In May. And it's going to be awesome.

Okay, I think that's February in a nutshell. Any questions?

4 Comments:

At 2:37 p.m., Blogger Ash said...

A post for me - I feel so special!

How long are you going to London and Scotland for? Any shows planned?

 
At 10:48 p.m., Blogger Lynda said...

I'm leaving May 14 and coming back on the 23rd. Just a few days in London, and the rest in Scotland.

There will definitely be shows planned. I'd like to see Joseph and Les Mis, and perhaps one or two others. :)

 
At 12:35 p.m., Blogger LuLu said...

WHAT? You three are going to the UK? I'm so excited for you all!

 
At 1:55 a.m., Blogger Catherine said...

I am so flapping jealous.

And re: posting. Do we have to have an intervention with Mel?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home