It's all good.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

To infinity and beyond!

Have I mentioned how much I loved visitors?

This weekend my sister and one of my brothers came for a visit. I was so excited about them coming that I was next to useless at work on Friday. I kept skipping around and telling everyone who would listen that I was having guests for the weekend.

On Saturday we made a quick trip to The Market, and then we headed Up the River to Perth/Andover, with pitstops at The World's Largest Axe and the fabulous town of Woodstock along the way. I even got to show them the scene of The Accident.

Once we were sufficiently Up the River, we crossed over into Maine, and we went to Presque Isle, where we started our official visit to the Maine Solar System model. It's the largest three- dimensional scale model of the solar system in THE WORLD. It was super cool!!! We saw the Sun in Presque Isle, and followed the highway to Houlton, Me, where we found Pluto, tucked away in a Visitor's Information Centre. Along the way, our solar system adventure was enriched by listening to Holst's The Planets.

My favourite planet was Jupiter, because it was so very big!

After a fun-filled weekend, there's an inevitable letdown after guests depart. Thank goodness I can distract myself with the Tony Awards and thoughts of my visit home next weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home