It's all good.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Congealed green gunge.

Tonight I had dinner at my apartment for my Tuesday Night Dinner friends. This was my first ever dinner party. Let me just say that making several things at once can be quite complicated!! I had visions of Bridget Jones in my head (blue soup, anyone?) as I made a chicken dish, rice, carrots, and dessert all at the same time.

Happily, the only complete failure was the dessert, which I found surprising, because it was the simplest to make. Apparently, though, mixing Cool Whip into chocolate pudding requires considerable skill. On my first attempt, the pudding ended up with multiple powdery bits all over. On my second attempt, I used the wrong spoon when mixing, and the mousse tasted like basil. Thank goodness I had a Plan C (rolled wafers with chocolate that I purchased in Ottawa).

I think it went okay. Everyone ate everything on their plates, so that's good. Now I have to figure out what to make for the next time.

P.S. The upside of multiple desserts? Eating the leftovers of the first two attempts. Not good enough for company, but good enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home